Are you looking to enter the field of international education? Do you have a passion for travel? Or do you possess exceptional public speaking skills? If you said ‘yes’ to any of those questions, then our Contract Marketing Assistant position might be the right job fit for you.
AUIP is pleased to announce we are hiring a Contract Marketing Assistant and look forward to reviewing applications from qualified candidates. Here are full details on the opening:
Job Title: Contract Marketing Assistant
Responsible to: Marketing & Communications Manager
Hours and location: This is a full-time, 12-week contract position based in the United States. Constant travel to university partners across the U.S. will be required for the duration of the contract.
About AUIP: American Universities International Programs (AUIP) is a small business that provides services for American study abroad programs in the South Pacific region. We help universities produce outstanding academic and cultural experiences for their students by providing professional support and planning for their programs. Our mission is to provide quality academic study abroad programs that foster students’ ability and willingness to become better global citizens and stewards of the natural environment. See www.auip.com for more about our programs and services.
Contract Term: August 23 – November 15, 2014 (may vary slightly)
Remuneration: $5,500 fixed fee
Application Deadline: June 1, 2014
Please email a cover letter and resume to Eleanor Mitchell at email@example.com with “Contract Marketing Assistant” in the subject line.
1) Travel around the U.S. to university partners from late August to mid-November
2) Organize and deliver classroom presentations, host information tables, give information sessions, attend study abroad fairs and otherwise publicize AUIP programs on campuses
3) Train AUIP marketing interns on any campuses visited
4) Record and track marketing efforts and outreach
5) Meet with faculty and Office of International Education administrators to answer questions about AUIP and develop relationships
6) Organize and arrange some of your own travel, accommodations and car rentals, under the guidelines and within the budget provided by AUIP, and maintain records of all associated travel documents
7) Assist with general marketing tasks, including social media
8) Other projects on an as needed basis
Required skills and attributes:
1) Bachelor’s degree with a preference in Marketing, Communications, Business or a related field
2) Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
3) Outgoing personality with strong interpersonal, public speaking and communication skills
4) Willingness to work flexible hours outside of the standard 9-to-5 under sometimes stressful conditions
5) Proven ability to work independently
6) Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
7) Valid U.S. driver’s license, private motor vehicle and insurance
Desired skills and attributes:
1) Experience on an AUIP program(s)
2) Knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Acrobat Pro and WordPress website publishing
3) Experience creating print and/or web-based marketing materials
4) Experience in the international education industry